Saturday 16 February 2013

Do I have to name it?

I know, I know. Sincerest apologies for such negligence. What a week it's been!

This semester, I'm taking ten classes which means I'm in class from 8:30am until 5:30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 7:30pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays and 8pm on Fridays. It's brutal. By the time I'm done with classes, I'm so mentally and physically exhausted I can barely form sentences. Sometimes I have to remember to... what was I saying?

Anyway, this past week was especially brutal because we had exams in 5 of our classes on top of our regular lecture schedule. My biochem prof even scheduled an exam OUTSIDE of regular class time! Meaning, we didn't even get a break from one lecture to take an exam! Is that even legal???

Despite it being one of the most trying experiences of my short little life, and despite the occasional moments like this, I am enjoying every second of it! I'm finally in classes about ANIMALS. Some of them are even ALIVE.

Last week, Dr. Mrs. Pasquini (I must clarify because her and her husband are both professors at SGU) brought 11 of her 17 dogs into class for a palpation lab. Not even dead ones! Real. Live. DOGS! This week, she brought her two parrots! It totally makes it all worth it. Don't get me wrong, I love anatomy. I'm sure Bill, (our dissection dog for the semester), was a wonderful dog but he's just not cutting it (pun tooootaaallllyyyy intended) as the kind of animal fix I need.

Sass level: DANGER.

So happy that this one is BREATHING!

I only like birds in a non-clinical setting because birds hate EVERYONE at the clinic.
This weekend has been all about catching up on lecture reviews and life in general. I came home on Friday night after the longest week of my life to find that we had NO RUNNING WATER. None. Not even a drop. All I wanted to do was shower the week from hell off me so I bought a large bottle of water (ice cold, I might add), grabbed the largest pot we had and went to town taking the most miserable "shower" of my life.

Things I will NOT miss about living in a third world country...

It suffices to say, I will not be doing that gigantic pile of laundry this weekend, as planned, but at least I have plenty of time to catch up on my school work.

 It's easy to get cooped up in the library too long and forget where I am, let alone the date or even season. The weather is no help either. Beautiful and sunny 365 days a year. I didn't realize it was Valentine's Day until about noon. Luckily, I am 3 hours ahead so I still had time to surprise the bf.

He loves pizza so this pretty much rocked his world.


I MUST get better about catching the sunsets. Only 200 more weeks left on the island...


No comments:

Post a Comment